Good cable Management for Better Workplace Experience
In the modern corporate world open office design has predominant presence. Design, layout and free space has huge impact on productivity, health and overall satisfaction of the employees while at the same time has to fulfil a plethora of needs, from function to comfort. That’s why modern architects use design thinking when producing the office layout. But even the best design can suffer from the same mistakes we tend to repeat from time to time. Good cable management is vital part of it.
A cluttered workspace can cause significant decrease of the productivity. A study conducted by The Princeton Neuroscience Institute and published The Journal of Neuroscience they concluded:
“Multiple stimuli present in the visual field at the same time compete for neural representation by mutually suppressing their evoked activity throughout visual cortex, providing a neural correlate for the limited processing capacity of the visual system. Competitive interactions among stimuli can be counteracted by top-down, goal-directed mechanisms such as attention, and by bottom-up, stimulus-driven mechanisms.”
The Harvard Business Revue in their article conclude that clutter can increase stress which has negative impact of the whole wellbeing of the employees.
“…our physical environments significantly influence our cognition, emotions, and behaviour, affecting our decision-making and relationships with others. Cluttered spaces can have negative effects on our stress and anxiety levels, as well as our ability to focus, our eating choices, and even our sleep.”
SUGGESTION: Clean up your work desk. Leave only necessary items on your desk in a organised manner, organise and hide the cables, and put everything else in drawers, binders, organisers etc. Make a habit to clean up your desk every day and don’t let things accumulate. This is even more important if you are working from home since there you are even more exposed to a visual stimulus that distracts your attention.
GOOD CABLE MANAGEMENT
Even an open office concept must have cables to be functional. The wires lying randomly all over the floor and desktops are not compliant to companies’ desire to make a clean, professional-looking space where employees can accomplish work and get things done. On the other hand, you need cables to stay connected. Also, according to Health and Safety Executive (HSE), incorrect under desk cable management is one of the leading causes of slip, trip or fall at work type of accident in London offices, which can result in 6-10 days of lost work – not only due to post-injury recovery time, but also due to maintenance or replacement of damaged equipment. Luckily there are cable management solutions that can solve these problems.
UNDER DESK CABLE MANAGEMENT BARS
The HOMEPROTEK cable management bars are your best ally to tidy cables and multiple sockets in the office or at home. Thanks to the large cable rack and the storage accessories provided, you will no longer have problems with cables lying around and tangling. The design of the cable bars has been improved and the corners have been polished for a more pleasant grip. This new innovative design tray has two 50mm diameter holes to give quick access to the socket connections and plenty of slots for cables.
- Productive environment: with the HOMEPROTEK cable duct cables and sockets can be ideally bundled and laid elegantly. This reduces your cable clutter and
- Everything you need for a clean cable management in the office or at home. This complete HOMEPROTEK kit includes a large cable bar, 2 fixing screws, 1 cable holder, 3 cable clips and 5 cable ties.
- New elegant and improved design of the cable duct enabling cables to go through more easily under the desk. Two round holes and many slits.
- Cable tray produced with quality materials. The polished and resistant steel can support up to 5kg. Good capacity for multiple sockets and many cables, the large tray measures 43x10x10cm. Weight 860g.
- Easy installation, the tray is fixed with two screws and the accessories are equipped with 3M adhesive (strong adhesion)
Characteristics: The HOMEPROTEK tray was made with resistant and quality materials. The steel used can support up to 5kg. Cable clips and clamps are equipped with strong 3M brand foam adhesives. They adapt to all surfaces. The straps have repositionable scratch. Easy installation of a kit that will meet all your needs. The HOMEPROTEK kit contains: – tray 43x10x10cm – fixing screws – cable holder 28mm diameter – cable clips 45x18x12mm – cable ties 150x20mm – instruction manual
CABLE MANAGEMENT SLEEVES
While it is very trendy to show light fixture cables, others would be better tucked away and bundled together. HOMEPROTEK braided sleeving, three meters long and 13 to 20mm in diameter, are flexible and adaptable to meet all your cable management needs. A simple cut of scissors is enough to get the perfect length. In addition, flexible PET material does not break during installation and can be reused many times. A simple solution thanks to the self-closing system to protect all your electric cables from external misfortune (UV, children, animals).
- Humanised design: self-closing cable duct, cable tunnel for quick bundling, hiding and tidying up. It is easier and more durable.
- The HOMEPROTEK cable sleeve is the ideal solution for the cable management in the house. Adaptable from 13 to 20mm it can hold up to eight cables.
- Braided PET cable sleeve with self-closing system. Resistant and flexible, it does not break, unlike plastic sheaths. It can be used anywhere in the house (office, TV, etc.) and outdoors (garden, car, etc.) to tidy up cables. Withstands temperatures from -50 ° C to + 150 ° C.
- The cable duct is 3 meters long but can be cut with scissors to adjust to all your needs. It is recommended to lightly burn the end after cutting it for a better finish.
- Excellent wire protector against animals or children.
- Avaliable in Black and white
Characteristics: – Braided PET cable sleeve. 3meters x 13mm (extendable to 20mm) – Light and flexible – Resistant from -50 ° C to + 150 ° C. – Self-closing – Available in black or white – Instruction manual included. – Suitable for home and DIY use.