Outdoor lighting with solar garden flame torches
A lack of lighting is often a barrier to fully benefiting from your outdoor spaces (garden, terrace, paths, paths, etc.). Modern solar garden flame torches will transform the way you use your outdoor space. Unlike fixed ones, portable outdoor lights can take a party to any corner of your backyard.
Outside lights are fundamental to any successful landscape scheme. You don’t need to floodlight your garden, so lighting every path or flower bed just isn’t necessary. You should light the areas adjacent to the house, pathways, stairs etc. Then, depending on the size of your garden, choose some key features, such as a tree or sculpture, further out to help give the garden some depth.
Would you spend more time in your garden if you had adequate lighting? Many may not think of the importance of lighting while planning out a landscape design. Safety, along with the ability to use outdoor spaces after dark are two main reasons designers recommend adding lighting to the plan. Lighting provides the option to dine al fresco, highlight your favorite tree, or to simply not trip down the stairs.
Great patio lighting ideas will ensure your al fresco dining – or relaxing – spot can be enjoyed as night falls as well as during the day. We have an outdoor lighting solar solution that meets every taste and style.
Outside lights have 4 main functions
Access: To direct the safe movement of people around the property, Security: To discourage people entering the property uninvited, Usability: To allow the garden to be used at night as an extension of the inside, Aesthetics: To allow the landscape to be admired 24/7 from both inside and outside the house
Path and Driveway Lighting
Path and driveway lighting uses low fixtures, which direct illumination downward and outward. They are used along paths, stairs and anywhere else that safe night access is required. Resist the tendency to “over light” and be very aware of light spill. Path lights are commonly used for small pathways, driveways, walkways, flowerbeds and ground cover areas, with a spacing of at least 2-3m. Consider how your approach to your house or front garden will look at night. This is the first impression that friends have when they arrive so it sets the scene.
Why choose solar lighting?
Solar power has transformed garden lighting. Not only can the fittings be cable-free, but they cost nothing to run and can be moved around whenever you choose.
Powered by specially designed batteries which store energy from the sun during the day, they automatically switch on at dusk, providing a soft glow for several hours at night. It’s a good idea to position the solar cells in a sunny spot, to get the best charge during the day.
Do solar garden torches work in winter?
Believe it or not, the sun is still mighty powerful in the winter, even if we can’t see it with the naked eye. And as outdoor solar lighting is waterproof, it can be left outside all-year long.
Do solar garden torches really work?
Solar lights do really work. Not only are they cost-effective, but they are also an eco-friendly way to illuminate your gardens and walkways. They also require limited maintenance, and are easy to install, as most modern solar landscape lights are completely wireless. We recommend that you choose a solar light fixture that has a built-in battery to provide more than eight hours of illumination, and a built-in sensor that will turn on automatically at dusk, and turn off at dawn.
Flexibility with solar torches
The key to successful execution of outdoor lighting ideas is flexibility. LED solar garden flame torches are ideal as they can be easily moved to suit the changing seasons and planting growth.
HOMEPROTEK Solar Garden Torches – Let’s light up your lives!
HOMEPROTEK solar lights are waterproof to IP65 standard which makes them resistant to all weather conditions and therefore perfectly suited to light up your evenings. HOMEPROTEK torches can be installed in less than a minute and do not require any wiring or tools. Once installed, they will automatically turn on after dark and turn off at dawn thanks to their light sensor. The charging time is approximately 8 hours. To suit all styles, you can choose from the following three modes: dancing flame, breathing or lightening. Thanks to its 96 LEDs warm-colored 35Lm, the illusion of a real torch is perfect! For example, it will magically light up your driveway for Christmas. Depending on the mode chosen and the weather conditions, the torches can provide up to 12 hours of light. For added safety, our lamps shut down when overload, short circuit, overheating and are guaranteed for one year. Reminder of the characteristics: – Dimensions 320x121x121mm, weight 230g – 96 LEDs, 35 Lumens, 50,000 hours – 0.88W photovoltaic panel – 2200mAh Li-ion battery – Charging time: 6-8h – Usage time: up to 12 hours depending on the mode and weather conditions – Three modes: flame, breath, flicker – Automatic on / off with light sensor – Waterproof IP65 – Also available in set of 2 torches. – 1 year warranty
- The HOMEPROTEK solar light gives the perfect illusion of a flame thanks to its 96 warm light LEDs 35Lm and the three lighting modes: dancing flame, breathing and flickering.
- No wiring required, the 2200mAh Li-ion battery can be fully charged in 6-8 hours with the 0.88W solar panel included.
- The solar lamp contains a brightness sensor. It turns on and off automatically and can be lit for up to 12 hours depending on the selected mode and weather conditions.
- The waterproof torch (IP65 standard) made of quality ABS plastic is weather resistant. It is equally suitable for outdoors in a garden, terrace, or pathway as it is indoors on a patio. Height is adjustable thanks to its three-part foot. Total dimensions: 320x121x121mm, weight 230g.
- For added safety, our lamps contain overload, short circuit and overheating protection and are guaranteed for one year.
Good cable Management for Better Workplace Experience
In the modern corporate world open office design has predominant presence. Design, layout and free space has huge impact on productivity, health and overall satisfaction of the employees while at the same time has to fulfil a plethora of needs, from function to comfort. That’s why modern architects use design thinking when producing the office layout. But even the best design can suffer from the same mistakes we tend to repeat from time to time. Good cable management is vital part of it.
A cluttered workspace can cause significant decrease of the productivity. A study conducted by The Princeton Neuroscience Institute and published The Journal of Neuroscience they concluded:
“Multiple stimuli present in the visual field at the same time compete for neural representation by mutually suppressing their evoked activity throughout visual cortex, providing a neural correlate for the limited processing capacity of the visual system. Competitive interactions among stimuli can be counteracted by top-down, goal-directed mechanisms such as attention, and by bottom-up, stimulus-driven mechanisms.”
The Harvard Business Revue in their article conclude that clutter can increase stress which has negative impact of the whole wellbeing of the employees.
“…our physical environments significantly influence our cognition, emotions, and behaviour, affecting our decision-making and relationships with others. Cluttered spaces can have negative effects on our stress and anxiety levels, as well as our ability to focus, our eating choices, and even our sleep.”
SUGGESTION: Clean up your work desk. Leave only necessary items on your desk in a organised manner, organise and hide the cables, and put everything else in drawers, binders, organisers etc. Make a habit to clean up your desk every day and don’t let things accumulate. This is even more important if you are working from home since there you are even more exposed to a visual stimulus that distracts your attention.
GOOD CABLE MANAGEMENT
Even an open office concept must have cables to be functional. The wires lying randomly all over the floor and desktops are not compliant to companies’ desire to make a clean, professional-looking space where employees can accomplish work and get things done. On the other hand, you need cables to stay connected. Also, according to Health and Safety Executive (HSE), incorrect under desk cable management is one of the leading causes of slip, trip or fall at work type of accident in London offices, which can result in 6-10 days of lost work – not only due to post-injury recovery time, but also due to maintenance or replacement of damaged equipment. Luckily there are cable management solutions that can solve these problems.
UNDER DESK CABLE MANAGEMENT BARS
The HOMEPROTEK cable management bars are your best ally to tidy cables and multiple sockets in the office or at home. Thanks to the large cable rack and the storage accessories provided, you will no longer have problems with cables lying around and tangling. The design of the cable bars has been improved and the corners have been polished for a more pleasant grip. This new innovative design tray has two 50mm diameter holes to give quick access to the socket connections and plenty of slots for cables.
- Productive environment: with the HOMEPROTEK cable duct cables and sockets can be ideally bundled and laid elegantly. This reduces your cable clutter and
- Everything you need for a clean cable management in the office or at home. This complete HOMEPROTEK kit includes a large cable bar, 2 fixing screws, 1 cable holder, 3 cable clips and 5 cable ties.
- New elegant and improved design of the cable duct enabling cables to go through more easily under the desk. Two round holes and many slits.
- Cable tray produced with quality materials. The polished and resistant steel can support up to 5kg. Good capacity for multiple sockets and many cables, the large tray measures 43x10x10cm. Weight 860g.
- Easy installation, the tray is fixed with two screws and the accessories are equipped with 3M adhesive (strong adhesion)
Characteristics: The HOMEPROTEK tray was made with resistant and quality materials. The steel used can support up to 5kg. Cable clips and clamps are equipped with strong 3M brand foam adhesives. They adapt to all surfaces. The straps have repositionable scratch. Easy installation of a kit that will meet all your needs. The HOMEPROTEK kit contains: – tray 43x10x10cm – fixing screws – cable holder 28mm diameter – cable clips 45x18x12mm – cable ties 150x20mm – instruction manual
CABLE MANAGEMENT SLEEVES
While it is very trendy to show light fixture cables, others would be better tucked away and bundled together. HOMEPROTEK braided sleeving, three meters long and 13 to 20mm in diameter, are flexible and adaptable to meet all your cable management needs. A simple cut of scissors is enough to get the perfect length. In addition, flexible PET material does not break during installation and can be reused many times. A simple solution thanks to the self-closing system to protect all your electric cables from external misfortune (UV, children, animals).
- Humanised design: self-closing cable duct, cable tunnel for quick bundling, hiding and tidying up. It is easier and more durable.
- The HOMEPROTEK cable sleeve is the ideal solution for the cable management in the house. Adaptable from 13 to 20mm it can hold up to eight cables.
- Braided PET cable sleeve with self-closing system. Resistant and flexible, it does not break, unlike plastic sheaths. It can be used anywhere in the house (office, TV, etc.) and outdoors (garden, car, etc.) to tidy up cables. Withstands temperatures from -50 ° C to + 150 ° C.
- The cable duct is 3 meters long but can be cut with scissors to adjust to all your needs. It is recommended to lightly burn the end after cutting it for a better finish.
- Excellent wire protector against animals or children.
- Avaliable in Black and white
Characteristics: – Braided PET cable sleeve. 3meters x 13mm (extendable to 20mm) – Light and flexible – Resistant from -50 ° C to + 150 ° C. – Self-closing – Available in black or white – Instruction manual included. – Suitable for home and DIY use.
- Summer is coming – light up your nights in the garden with solar-powered lightsMay 25, 2022 - 9:38 am
- Gardening tipsMarch 14, 2022 - 9:57 am
- 7 best tips for office organizationFebruary 24, 2022 - 10:23 am
- Cable sleeveJanuary 29, 2022 - 9:44 am
- Choose the right garden hoseJanuary 17, 2022 - 12:26 pm
- Let’s light up your livesDecember 24, 2021 - 6:21 pm